The Council are proposing changes to the junction of
The proposals include:
• The removal of the segregated turning lane between Portland Rise and
Recent traffic surveys have shown only a very small number of vehicles use this facility
• Making Portland Rise two-way at the junction with Green Lanes to improve access options for local residents and cyclists
• Allowing contra-flow cycling on
Drive to improve access for cyclists
• Providing an extended area of pavement at the junction with new street trees. This will result in the loss of one parking space along the northern side of Portland Rise, nears its junction with Green Lanes.
• The construction of speed tables at the junction of Green Lanes with both
• Road marking changes on Green Lanes to encourage lane discipline.
The public consultation on these proposals is open until 14th December.
If you would like to contribute your views on the changes, all the details are available here.
The consultation document and questionnaire for return are here.